·:*¨Etsy Shoppe¨*:·



Thursday, June 10, 2010

Help The Gulf Coast- Thank You Kate!

I'm really not in the best frame of mind to be blogging today- the rain really is causing a lot of pain in my back, but I'll do the best I can for everyone.



Through one of my friends, I found this Etsy Shop. It's brand new, of course, and I like it why? It's a huge collective shop of and for fellow Etsians to donate an item (or multiples) to be posted in the shop, or to purchase and support the clean up efforts that will need to happen down in the Gulf Coast and further due to the oil leak. 100% of the proceeds from each sale goes to fund the clean up of this massive mess. The sales are split 50/50 and donated to both Oxfam and the National Audubon Society.

You can find their Etsy shop easily at Help The Gulf Coast. There have already been 148 sales, and a they've already raised $1,000+ !!!! The driving force behind this wonderful idea? It's Kate, from Flapperdoodle, and let me tell you- she and the other store administrators have been kept busy putting up all the item donations. It's amazing how fellow Etsians always have come up with a way to help when there's a disaster.... And this is no exception.

You can also become a fan on Facebook to follow the progress, or check in on The Gulf Coast Etsy Blog to stay current with updates.

I just decided to check... Out of curiosity's sake, and there's been 149 sales in the shop! Amazing! That's 11 sales in the hour it's spent of me trying to write this blog!!! Laugh, if you must, yes- it's taking me a while... But eventually... I'll get this posted!

Now, to do my part- I've donated the necklace below. I figured- wish upon a star. Well, we can wish- and we can do. We can all help each other. And by coming together we can help clean up this disaster all together- because every little bit helps. It doesn't matter if we're physically there cleaning it up with our own hands- or if we can donate money to those who are able and capable to clean this up.



Even though the picture above is the necklace I've donated, clicking it will bring you to the Help The Gulf Coast Etsy shop. Everyone knows where to find my own, of course!

1 comment:

  1. What a wonderful cause. Off to check it out!

    ReplyDelete

·:*¨¨*:·

Related Posts with Thumbnails