·:*¨Etsy Shoppe¨*:·



Wednesday, January 27, 2010

My First...

...Time being featured in an Etsy Treasury!


I'm over the moon tonight!
My Jasper Druzy Necklace not only made it to the Treasury, but it's the middle one in the top row! WOW!

I first must apologize, as I've been working hectic hours this past week... Making up time means 12 hour days, and I'm ok with that... Just very much looking forward to the weekend!
The downside is that I'm not online as much as I'd like to be, or poking around and checking out other artists and sites I'd otherwise be engaged with.

Things could be worse, of course, and that they're not I'm very thankful.
I miss my time online... But... Will have plenty this weekend!!

So I get home this evening after having to deal with horrendous traffic that delayed me nearly an hour from getting home (and I live 12 minutes from work)... Tired.... Mentally drained... Worn... Most definitely looking forward to the sleep I would be getting in a short while. But.

First is first.
Off to check Facebook- personal, and my jewelry page of course!
Off to check Etsy.

Nothing sold... BUT..... A Convo!

Intrigued.

Read on:


YAYYYYYYYYY!!!!

I was giggling like a schoolgirl. Well, inside I was! Had I actually done so, I'm pretty positive I'd have freaked out my roommate. Instead, out went profuse thanks.... And promptly Hearting Christie's Etsy Shop, The Goblet where she creates and sells some very beautiful jewelry!

Made my way over to her Facebook Page and fanned her... And last, but certainly not least... Followed her Blog!

I'm so excited about this! I could do backflips... But of course, that's not possible given the condition of my back... But... I'm just that happy!

So go on and take a gander at the Winter's Dawn Treasury!!!

Speaking of winter... And being in Virginia. I thought it mighty funny that there's a Winter Weather Advisory for the possibility of snow tomorrow night. It went out this morning- well over 24 hours until the suspected rain/cold-front/snow is expected to hit.

Now, most of you know that I'm a Northern Girl. It says such when you look at my blog in fact.

I just find it completely amusing that the people down here panic the way they do when "inclement" weather is predicted. They have a hard time driving in rain, nevermind snow!!! Having lived in New England for so long, one becomes accustomed to the weather changes. Winter can be either very cold and icy. Or temperate and lots of snow as a result.

Did you know that if it's too cold, clouds actually lose the ability to hold precipitation and therefore it won't snow? I'm full of odd facts. And yes, we had a few years like that- bitter, biting cold. It was awful. Those were winters I definitely did not leave the house without a scarf wrapped securely around my face!

When we get the moderate winters, it absolutely transforms New England into a Winter Wonderland. The postcards aren't lying- it really is that beautiful at times! Like right after it snows, and that fresh crisp cold smell is still in the air. The wind sounds like a whisper through the trees, and the slightest moving of the branches dislodges snow and creates a domino effect... And more boughs drop snow in a white curtain!

Colonial Style Homes which are white, decorated with lighted candles (electric of course!) in the windows that light just enough outside to create a warm glow. 9 times out of 10 a green wreath with a big red bow on the front door. Oftentimes, white or colored lights outlining the eaves of the roof, or decorating the porch. It's beautiful!

I leave you tonight with a few pictures of what home is to me... Enjoy!


Little Christmas Trees in the backyard, on the hill.


My backyard- the White Mountain National Forest.


The Ageless Oak Tree.

Twilight, with the snow still falling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

·:*¨¨*:·

Related Posts with Thumbnails